How do you know if you are experiencing lead poisoning? It can often be recognized by a feeling of lethargy or nausea. If you are experiencing these feelings after recent range activities, you should be evaluated by a medical professional immediately.
Other symptoms of lead poisoning can include a combination of the following:
Many of these could be symptoms of other conditions as well. The only way to know for sure if you have lead poisoning is to consult a physician and have a blood draw. If you have more than 10 ug/dL (micrograms per deciliter) of lead in your blood as an adult, this is considered elevated exposure and should be treated seriously. Concentrations of 5 ug/dL or less are considered acceptable by the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
If you have elevated levels of lead in your system, then you should have your family tested as well. It is important to know that in children under 15 years of age, 5 ug/dL is considered elevated levels of exposure. Such levels can be particularly dangerous to young ones because of the effects it can have on their growth and development.
Learn more about protecting yourself from lead exposure with our FREE online training.